Tuesday, April 25, 2023

From Canada to India: How Amelia Harris Found Hope and Healing with Low-Cost Liver Cancer Surgery


Amelia Harris found a one-stop shop for liver treatment at top liver cancer treatment hospital of India. I somehow had to find hope. Being caught off guard by a dual diagnosis of liver cancer and hepatitis C had been hard enough. But then to learn that the disease had destroyed her liver was devastating. Today Amelia Harris knows her hope paid off.



“Back in spring 2022, I couldn’t make it to my upstairs apartment without nearly collapsing. Afraid I was experiencing heart problems, I went to an urgent care center in my hometown of Winnipeg, which in turn sent me to a hospital emergency department. I was surprised to learn how sick I was. The hospital gave me six pints of blood because I was bleeding internally. I barely had any blood left. The bleeding had been caused by cirrhosis of the liver, which causes blood vessels to dilate. After being referred to a gastroenterologist, I learned that the cirrhosis was caused by untreated hepatitis C. To make matters worse, I also had liver cancer.  The gastroenterologist immediately referred me to one of liver institute in Winnipeg to seek the expert care the doctors here decided I had NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepititis). In spite of their diagnosis, I was not happy with my care or the level of service. The hospital preferred a living donor transplant and finding a donor was up to me. They finally put me on their transplant list. Here is how it happened.


As I continued to do some research, I learned about the low cost liver cancer surgery India, but now needed to find a trusted liver transplant hospital.  In my research I came across top liver cancer treatment hospital of India. 3000 liver transplant surgeries have been performed here so far. I consulted India cancer surgery services regarding the other options offered to me. They have a long tradition of success in treating all forms of acute and chronic liver disease, including cirrhosis, hepatitis and cancer. He takes on some of the most difficult cases in liver transplant, including retransplantation, transplant of obese recipients and transplantation of patients with portal vein thrombosis. This gave me some hope.

 

With liver transplant consultant at top liver cancer treatment hospital of India, doctors there understands that every overseas patient has different needs and there dedicated team is here to ensure personalized guidance throughout their treatment & stay in India. The International Patient Services team assists patients in connecting you with the surgeon for medical opinion, providing cost estimates for the treatment and coordinating appointments and admissions as per patient’s travel dates. The surgeon explained to me that he was going to eventually need a transplant and offered to introduce him to the team at top liver cancer treatment hospital of India; we flew to India and decided to book my low cost liver cancer surgery India. After completing my living-donor liver transplant evaluation surgeon confirmed mine was the right match with my mother. Words cannot express my joy in hearing that. It is still hard for me to believe. I become very emotional every time I relive the conversation. I and my mother duo scheduled my surgery for 2 days later. We were always healthy folks, so, we weren’t really ones to know about this type of disease and procedure. But, surgeon, the coordinators, and the team truly explained how the liver works, the surgery, and how you would feel after.  He explained everything and went really in-depth. He even drew pictures to make sure I understood exactly what I could expect from low cost liver cancer surgery India.


The night before the surgery was the only time I got nervous. I was more scared and worried for my mother than for me, just hoping this would work for him. Top Liver Cancer Doctors in India did the most wonderful job. We put our life in their hands, and did their job. That’s what brought us through this. I walked that whole hospital floor the very next day after surgery. Both I and my mother recovered well and were discharged from the top liver cancer treatment hospital of India in record time – four days for my mother and seven days for me.


I am indebted to top liver cancer treatment hospital of India and all the staff members, who without exception were professional, compassionate and kind. However, I am most indebted to my mother who donated her part of liver and the family. 

 

I hope this story has been informative and helpful to those of you who are considering, anticipating or recovering from low cost liver cancer surgery India. I feel the good news for you is that you are at the right hospital in India!”



 

 

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment