Forerunners Health Care is global medical tourism.
The pioneers of Medical Tourism to India offer services to the health-seeking patients and family.
Forerunners Medical Travel and Tourism is the first government registered medical tourism company of India that offers vast range of medical and health care services at highly affordable cost.
World Medical Tourism - Your Guide to a Network of Health and Wellness Providers :: World Medical Tourism
Affordable Cosmetic Surgery in India at ForerunnersHealthcare.com
Forerunners Medical Travel and Tourism a leading name in the medical tourism India. They will make all the arrangements and will provide the patients with best outcomes.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
There are two types of donors for liver transplant :-
1) Live Donor- As the name suggests, a live donor is a living person who is healthy. In India, the law says that the donor should be a close blood relative of the patient.
2) Cadeveric Donor- A cadaver is a brain dead person. Donation of liver is possible if the family member of the person wishes to donate the liver before the life support is discontinues.
Such donation is possible from a brain dead person whose family wishes to donate the person's organs before discontinuing life support. This situation arises only in a hospital ICU in a person after brain injury in an accident or in someone who has suffered fatal brain hemorrhage etc. In these circumstances, the whole liver can be used for an adult, and a part of it for a child. After removal from the donor (a process called liver retrieval) the liver can safely be kept preserved outside the body in special preservation solutions for 12-15 hours. Allocation of such organs is strictly according to blood group which must match, time on waiting list and urgency of requirement.
A liver transplant surgery starts with a detailed evaluation and a battery of tests for both the recipient and the donor. The evaluation of the recipient is done in three phases to establish definite diagnosis, determine the severity of liver disease and the urgency of the transplant. The functioning of all the vital organs is properly checked.
Before the liver transplant procedure the patient, donor and other family members are counselled about the procedure, hospital stay, the likely course after surgery, follow up and aftercare in order to help them to make up their mind and understand the process thoroughly.
The facilities where the transplant is performed are state of the art facilities with latest technology you would find anywhere in the world. These facilities are considered to be among the best liver transplant hospitals in India.
It costs a fraction of amount to get the liver transplant in India than what you would pay in a western country. The facilities and surgeons are as good as what you would get in any developed nation and we would make sure that you concentrate only on your treatment and recovery and we would take care of the rest.
- kidney transplant is not for those candidates who suffer from diseases like Osteomyelitis and TB.
- Those candidates who face difficulties in taking medications several times each day.
- Candidates who suffer from the disease of heart, lungs and liver.
- Candidates who suffer from other life threatening diseases.
- Candidates who suffer from infections like hepatitis.
- Candidates who smoke and drink. Those who have a risky life style.
- Living donors: Living donors are usually those persons who belong to our family and sometimes one’s life partner or spouse.
- Deceased donors: The kidneys from deceased donors are those kidneys that have been donated by people who have willed their kidneys to get donated before their death by signing organ and donor cards.
- The patient has to follow the diet that has been advised by the kidney transplant team.
- Patient has to refrain from smoking and alcohol.
- The kidney transplant team may recommend exercise program. The patient has to follow this exercise program.
- Transplant team may recommend a weight losing exercise program. The patient has to follow this program.
- Certain kind of medicines may be prescribed before kidney transplant surgeon. The patient has to take these medications till recovery period.